Le Hublot Design Prize
The Hublot Design prize was created to value the talent of tomorrow’s designers in bringing them into the public sphere on an international level.
The jury of the Hublot design prize is composed of 5 international personalities from the design world: Lapo Elkann, Ronan Bouroullec, Marva Griffin Wilshire and Professor Dr. Peter Zec, all united under the chairmanship of Pierre Keller.
The first edition is signaled by a joint prize rewarding the work of the Swiss collective « Big Game » and of the Norwegian designer Daniel Rybakken.
A special prize « jury’s firm favourite » was awarded to Brynjar Sigurõarson.
- Ronan Bouroullec, one of the biggest designers today.
- Lapo Elkann, the Italian entrepreneur and design expert is the ex-director of marketing for Fiat Automobiles and Fiat Group. He is currently president of LA Holding, Italia Independent and Independent Ideas.
- Marva Griffin Wilshire, founder and curator of Salone Satellite, is also director of the international press of the Salone del mobile of Milan, the part of the salon dedicated to presenting young designers aged less than 35. .
- Pierre Keller, chief judge and ex-director of the Cantonal school of art of Lausanne (ECAL), he is also president of the Administrative committee for the Centre of contemporary art Geneva (CAC).
- Professor Dr Peter Zec, founder and president of the Red Dot Design Award, and author of various publications on brands and design including the Red Dot Design Yearbook and the International Yearbook Communication Design.