After graduating in Architecture from Milan Polytechnic, Sergio Asti (born in 1926) opened his city-centre studio in 1953, establishing himself as one of the top Italian industrial designers and becoming a founder member of the ADI (Italian Industrial Design Association). Right from the start he was also heavily involved in the design of public and private buildings, interiors and layouts, including: the Fiat showroom (Milan, 1964), the President’s Offices at FISI, the Italian Winter Sports Federation (Milan, 1976), layouts for numerous temporary exhibitions at the Triennale, La Rinascente and Eurodomus. He taught at the Art High School in Venice and at the Experimental High School in Shizuoka, Japan. He won the Compasso d’Oro in 1955, 1956, 1959, 1962 and 1970. Sergio Asti won the Compasso d’Oro in the years 1955, 1956, 1959, 1962 and 1970; one of the award-winning Asti creations was «Marco», a glass vase for Salviati (1962). Sergio Asti’s furniture, interior decoration accessories, and lamps are regarded as typical of the organic design produced in postwar Milan. Many of the articles that he has designed are today part of collections in prestigious Design Museums around the world as the MoMA in New York.